Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Making of the final Double Page Spread

I decided to take a picture of the artist sitting. I really liked the idea of him sitting one side and the blank space, ready to write in, on the other. I did some editing of the picture. The one really noticeable edit I did was of the 'lens flare' tool on Photoshop, which created the bright bulb like object on the artist's side.


I added the title and the writing to the page. I also wanted to have the iconic orange for my writing, so I put it into the title of the word that I wanted to stand out - 'FREE!'. I aligned the writing so that it would lay itself against the artist, which would make a good effect.

 For the next few edits, I did minor adjustments. I took the orange off the 'FREE!' part of the title - which I also moved about, along with the black boxes to become more neat.

I then added the orange to the 'X-CLUSIVE' writing, found between the title and the subheading and started on the lines that would represent something close to the iconic RAPSODIZE colour. I also had to create the line that would separate the two pages of the whole Double Page Spread and therefore had to move the writing so that it was adjusted to the line.

I finished with the lines and made them the actual colour of my magazine and moved the black boxes about, along with the title. I also added the page numbers, something which I nearly missed!

I decided where I want my title to be. I changed its font size to a smaller one and tinkered with the writing of it.

Lastly came the bits and bobs. I moved the exclusive sign about and brought in my title for the magazine to make it feel more 'RAPSODIZE'-like. I played around a bit more with the black background and decided to put it in a separate style. Most noticeably, I put the writing into columns - they're now easier to read and it gives the whole Spread a proper look. This then became my official Double Page Spread.

This has helped me by analysing the whole of the Double Page Spread and pointing out my mistakes and how it went from a single picture to a quality article.

No comments:

Post a Comment